Friday, September 25, 2015

Playing Cards with Jenni!

Jenni Murray - you'd know her by Jenni's Jems - is a fabulous card-maker,  who leaves really fun comments, and has no problem stretching her card-making muscles when given a challenge - or challenging me to stretch my own!

I received an email from Jenni - after she watched my tutorial, and saw this card -  challenging me to Play Cards, but with a masculine twist!!!  Well the game is supposed to be played using another card, from a different blog!  After thinking about it, I decided I was up for the challenge, but added my own twist, with my own posse of players!

SO!  Welcome to the first  Playing Cards - The Full Deal!  Joining Jenni and me are Chriss Blagrave, and Michelle Williams, who have Played Cards with me, and are happy to play another hand!  [Barb Ghig was invited, too, but a busy schedule wouldn't allow her to play this time ... I'll deal her in again another day - fingers crossed!]

Without further ado, my card for Jenni's masculine card game!


You can see how simply I've embossed the card panel in white, and  kept color in the 'porthole' area with Navy ink/clear embossed, and a bit of Copic coloring.

SSS Stamps, Memento Nautical Navy ink, clear and white embossing powders.
  
I've had a blast pushing my own boundaries.  But before I dash over to my friend's blogs - because I can hardly contain myself another moment - I'll open the table for new players ... one rule to the game: please choose a card you are just crazy over from another blog!!  It is incredible difficult to re-launch an idea that has already sailed - pun intended!

Thanks, Jenni, for the invitation to Play Cards ... and thanks to Chriss, and Michelle, for anteing up once more!

=]  Michele

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Woo hoo! Well I think you sailed this idea just perfectly a third time! Beautiful card, Michele! Thanks for having me over to play again! (I made it! I got the time conversion wrong, but I was close!)

Jenni's Jems said...

I know I got it wrong but Wow did you rise to the challenge and some,this is fabulous from the porthole to embossed waves you have a made a fab male take on your card!!!Thank you xx

Chriss Blagrave said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the stitched circle, framing the perfect little sail away scene! Beautiful pop of colour! I think this is your best version yet! I had so much fun playing along!
Hugs xox

Cat Craig said...

FABULOUS man card Michele. Love the color pop confined to the porthole. I think I just ordered these dies.

Lisa Elton said...

Way to blast through those boundaries Michele ~ wowza!! Love the gorgeous sun. The waves look like ribbons of candy!

Lindsey said...

Amazing! I love this!

Anita in France said...

Brilliant, Michele ... that sun drenched little sailboat bobbing about on those cool waves looks so inviting ... love how you've kept the miniature scene inside the porthole ... and continued the wave crests along the front of the card! Comme j'ai dit ... brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

This is so creative, Michele. I love the scene within the circle and the waves continuing on the outside. Great CASE of your own card.

Sharron said...

Awesome, Michele! This is so creative--love the colorful porthole design. You really do wonders with CAS!!

cm said...

How darling is the little sailboat I see, peering through my porthole in my opulently decorated cruise ship room? Actually, I'm a total land-lubber, but your ocean scene still makes me smile! Ultra sweet!
Hugs~c

Marika said...

Stunning! You're so good white-on-white! I'm in awe every time how it adds that tiny little things that makes the card. Gorgeous!