Friday, June 26, 2015

The Gossip Column - and how I miss my crown...

... though I hardly think of myself as a Diva, I find myself missing the crown I received from Ms. Atchia over at Winnie and Walter's Gossip column. 
I must say, that crown was feeling pretty darned comfy.  So, after reading Taheerah's interview with the one-and-only Jocelyn Olson, and seeing the loveliness that is Jocelyn's style, I decided to [go back after the crown once again] play along!

Oh you have to see the inspiration:

Jocelyn has a way with layers, and mixed media elements like no other... am I right?
 
So even if there is no guarantee of a re-run on the crowning, I just had to play along... here's my take:
 
 
Embossed lines, instead of circles;  die cut "friend" instead of stamped; a little hole cutting action on the partial circle replaces the doilies [which I love, by the way] add a gorgeous water-colored Maggie's Roses cutaways,  a little gold-dipped heart and leaves, and a few W&W sequins that always accompany our orders... bless their generous hearts!  Jocelyn, I hope you'll forgive the lack of stitching... circa 1972 machine just didn't have the strength for it today =\
 
Here's a bit of a close-up:
 
 
Thanks Taheerah and Jocelyn for the gorgeous inspiration!  And OH would I love to join you for that get-together whenever it happens - and I know it will happen!
 
=] Michele
 

 
 
 

16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You my friend, are always royalty in my book!! Crown or no crown I think this is a winner for sure...spectacular!!!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh Michele...this is so darned fabulous. A definite winner...get that hair ready for the crown.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!

donna mikasa said...

FABulous! Love this....tons!

Joyce said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. So many fantastic details.

Hussena said...

What a gorgeous take on the challenge ..you have so beautifully mixed all the elements on your card..Love it !

Anita in France said...

Soft, delicate layering and fantastic detailing, Michele ... you've taken Joselyn's lovely style and added your own unique touches ... a Michele-ised beauty! Hope you've kicked that Cold Monster in ... to touch ... by now!! Hugs, Anita :)

Marybeth said...

Michele this is wonderful! Love how you were inspired and created you own!

Petra Swart said...

With this beautiful card you are surely in line for the crown again, Michele!!!!! I had to hop over to see what it's all about - will have a closer look later. I love the clever way you have used all the different elements on your card!!!!! Such a lot of lovely detail to appreciate on this stunning card!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Gorgeous card, Michele!

Taunya Butler said...

Stunning, lovely and just so filled with yummy goodness!!

Taheerah said...

Hehehe, this post really made me chuckle! I'm glad you've come back for another pop at the crown - and this card is certainly a great way to do it! Very clever layering and so much interest in those extra details! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

Brenda said...

Wow, this takes the crown in my opinion! I love this card Michele, you got so much detail in this card as well as many techniques. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Winnie & Walter said...

Such a lovely take on Jocelyn's style, Gossip Queen! :-) Your use of color (ah sunshiny yellow!), layers, texture by way of embossing are all lovely. Your sewing machine will thank you for sparing it and your card is not missing a thing. Thank you so much for defending your title and joining in with The Gossip Column challenge. :-)

Bajalizzy said...

love your take on this card - like the use of yellow colour and the polka dot background

cm said...

Love the touches you've added here: the polka dot paper, the gold edges, the sponging. In my world, definitely 're-crown' worthy!
Hugs~c