Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Gossip Column - Colour Crushes & News at CASology

There's a new look for the challenge over at Winnie & Walter.  Taheerah has wowed us with a fabulous challenge - you know how I'm challenged with color, right?  Check this out:

 Now while every color given is gorgeous, and the inspiration photos were fabulous... here is where they took me...

I've chosen Lucite Green, Scuba blue, and Tangerine Orange from the palette for the tree frogs...
and Glacier Grey for the Winnie & Walter's "celebrate"  from The Big, Bold, and Extras set I won!!
It's a boy is from INKADINKA DOO embossed in Hero Arts White.

You may ask "why" tree toads?  Well here is the View from The Two Acre Woods this week - specifically the pond:

frogs eggs! 
 
Not only will I be sharing this on the Winnie & Walter challenge, I'm sending it over to CASology to celebrate the NEWS of Gillian's darling new little boy!! 

Ah, Spring - baby frogs, baby boys... and soon we'll be having baby ducks, as well!





19 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay! Awesomely fun!

cm said...

I KNEW you'd do something awesome with this challenge and *smiling smugly*, how correct I am! You've nailed the colours, delighted with the images, dazzled with the repeat sentiments and just plain old captured the excitement of a 'new' baby bow perfectly. Froggy-fantasic! I'm calling winner, winner on this! Your photo of the frog eggs from your Two Acre Woods: spectacular! You live in a paradise!
Hugs~c

Taheerah said...

Such a fun, creative way to pull in all those colours! The frogs are so cute and I love the Glacier Grey tying all the companion sentiments together. Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

Tracey McNeely said...

Another awesome froggie card Michele, I just love your design.

Lisa Elton said...

You killin' me with those cutie patootie froggies!! Love this!!

Sharron said...

Another fun design--more of those cute froggies and a very cool background!

Taunya Butler said...

You use these froggies to their fullest potential and this is a fun, chic, cool baby card!! So fun to see one done in colors that are non-traditional baby boy colors!!

Lynn said...

So clever...love the way you stamped the sentiments and those frogs! Love them!

Neha said...

Awesome card...so clever...love your out of the box ideas...always!

Ardyth said...

I love this use of an 'older boy' element - the frogs in bold colours is perfect! I also love your combination of sentiments! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! So fun for a baby card!

Cat Craig said...

Fan-Tab-Ulous

Joyce said...

Wonderful card, Michele. Very fun and love the design. Those frogs are beyond adorable.

Joyce said...

oops. Forgot to say thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

Joyce said...

oops. Forgot to say thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

Kim Heggins said...

your card is amazing and I my sweet little frogs are on there very way to my home...can't wait to play with them too!

Anita in France said...

LOVE these frogs, Michele ... their gorgeous colours are so eye catching against that fabulous embossed background! Looks as though you'll be having lots of froglets ... photo's please when it happens!! Hugs, Anita :)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. Fun too. I love the pops (or Hops) of color and the white.

Miriam Prantner said...

Those frogs are too fun! Love the subtle embossing too!