Monday, January 12, 2015

Muse 2nd year 100th post Anniversary! [And my first ever design team post! ]

No pressure there, right?  I'm so honored to join Muse as a design team member.  I've always said it is my favorite little yet mighty challenge!! 

I have been toying with a challenge idea for some time now, so I threw the idea into the celebration themed pool... are you ready?  Here goes:

Let's "Accentuate the Negative!"  Here is my card, I think you'll immediately understand what I mean:


  
I've taken my A2 Neenah solar white, top-fold, card base, added a bit smaller panel from which I die-cut the heart - that is the negative... the tiny heart is a Teresa Collins heart sequin - that is my accent!! 
 
To add to the fun, there is an optional twist to the challenge - add a line, or even one word, from a song as a sentiment!! Mine is a very, very, old favorite of my father he "loved that melody!"
 
Have fun with this, above all. Mine is CAS, but the sky is the limit - go crazy - just remember there must be a negative die cut, and I personally can't wait to hear your song. 
 
OH! In honor of this huge celebration, we're going to have special prizes - 5 lucky participants (you need to link up a card) in this week's challenge will be selected at random to receive some blog candy! The names of these lucky winners will be included in the Voting Results post for this challenge, next Tuesday at noon.
 
Congratulations to Ardyth and the entire Muse family... thanks for inspiring me.  I hope we have at least 100 more chances to play along together!  Who wants to get started...
ready, set, go MUSE #100!!!
 

22 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Well done! Your inaugural card is magnificent! Congrats to Muse on their anniversary too. Love this sweet card. Your dad would be so proud, I'm sure!!! Perfectly CAS and really, really lovely. Have a great week dear friend. Bev

Ardyth said...

So great to have you on board! Let the Muse party begin!

I Card Everyone said...

Don't let that CAS thing get in your way, Bev! Party on! Hmmm what song will you be singing on your card?

Barb Ghig said...

As soon as I saw your sentiment, I thought of my grandparents singing this song to each other when I was a child!
Congrats on your first ever post as a DT gal with Muse! You've done an amazing job on this gorgeous card...I love how you placed the heart inside the heart and that you chose vellum for your sentiment! I can't wait to play along this week!

Anita in France said...

Yay, Michele, the day has finally arrived ... congratulations on your first post as a Muse DT member! What a stunning inaugural card ... oh my, so much glorious white ... the merest splash of colour in the heart accent ... and that sentiment couldn't be more perfect! Now, where's my thinking cap?? Anita :)

Lynn said...

So happy for you Michele! A fabulous start to your first design team! Can't wait to play along with your gorgeous card!

cm said...

Your creativity is exploding and shining, Michele - and this card, accentuating the negative (how brilliant you are!) is yet more evidence of your incredible talent and innovative approach to designing! You and MUSE = a most wonderful pairing! Crushing over, smitten by and swooning over this card...
Hugs~c

lostinpaper said...

Oh so wonderful, you have excelled 'under pressure' Michele!

Sarah G said...

Your card is just stunning, Michele! Love all of that white space and a great challenge for this special Muse anniversary :)

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such gorgeous inspiration Michele, I love your card. Need to play again this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

I've been looking forward to seeing your first Muse card and this does not disappoint! Wonderfully detailed and wonderfully CAS - congrats on your first DT post, Michele.

Unknown said...

Michelle this card is beautiful! I love it! I put the link to this blog post on my blog (www.ninamariedesign.com) as it was a wonderful source of inspiration for my Muse project of the week. Thank you so very much for sharing your wonderful talents!
XOXO, Nina-Marie

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Michelle! What a way to start!! I am SOOOO inspired by this stunning entry!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! No, really!!

sandie said...

This is simply so stunning, I just love it, so crisp, clean with a pop of colour. And huge congrats on your DT, you deserve it xx

Gillian R said...

Beautiful and elegant card Michele, love it

~amy~ said...

okay, now THIS has to be the sweetest card .....ever.
Yay! You rocked it and I gotta/wanna play along ♡

Brenda said...

Congrats on your DT gig Michele!! You will make a wonderful addition to that team!! I love, love your card, I think you have rocked this challenge and gave lots of inspiration for the ones playing along! Hugs, Brenda

marianne-g said...

Beautiful! Love it!

Virginia P FL said...

Wonderful card, as it is said....sometimes less is more!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Michele is card is simply beautiful!

Karen M said...

Congratulations Michele on joining Muse as a designer and we are lucky to have your beautiful cards to case - I just love this beautiful cas card! Hugs xx

Joyce said...

I have been seeing this stunner all over blog land, and now I have finally found the time to come over here and tell you myself to yourself just how gorgeous this card is. And, how much beauty and creativity you have inspired all over the blogosphere. I am only sorry that I am so late to the party that the party is actually over. Well, a belated congratulations for your Muse assignment. I'll try to catch you next time for sure.