Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Cure for the Monday Blues

Wow... would it not be great if Monday could be Sunday, and Saturday be Friday?  With the full moon brightly shining through my bedroom drapes, and the time change looming, my body-clock is really out of sorts!

At any rate!  I was so happy to see that the deadline for A Cure for the Monday Blues challenge extended their submission date... love that challenge and have missed the last few weeks!! =/

So.  For challenge #31, here is the amazing inspiration photo... which makes me want to climb in amongst that fab bedding and read a great book:

 
I give you my take:
 

The beautiful pinks and yellows of the MME papers; Ivory PTI CS; a scrap negative Love - die from Paper Smooches and W&W words.
 
Sorry for the shadow of the window screen in my 'photo set-up.'  It may be time to take them down... another seasonal change to deal with =/  This challenge was just the bright spark my day needs!


6 comments:

Sarah G said...

Fabulous design - great combination of patterned papers and I love the die cut word from the stitched panel! Great take on the inspiration photo :)

~amy~ said...

Oh this is awesome...I seriously love your style!

Marybeth said...

I love your take! Great layers and wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card, the die cut hello is so fun,and love all the stitching!

Anita in France said...

What a brilliant take on the inspiration, Michele ... lovely layering, great texture and a wonderful blend of colours! Anita :)

Taheerah said...

Perfect choice of patterned papers and I *love* that negative space from the 'love' die cut! I'm glad that extending the deadline gave you a chance to play - I always love seeing your work! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!