Sunday, June 1, 2014

More than words [of wisdom]

One of our nephews has graduated from high school this week.  This kid is just out-of-the-ordinary cool. He may have been the last kid in school to have a phone or a car but he earned every penny for both working on a landscaping crew.  He's a bit country, but loves his dad's 70's rock and roll.  Best of all? He isn't ashamed to be seen with grown-ups. For instance, I knew he'd think it was great when I picked him up in my 1992 Toyota Camry for a trip to Krispy Kreme's as the old girl was about to roll over 200,000 miles =] That trip for donuts became an annual tradition at Christmastime for three years in a row.

Today, his parents are celebrating Mitch's graduation with just what he asked for: a weenie roast over an open fire in the back yard.  Yep, that's Mitch.

So, as I sat down to make him his graduation card, and tried to get all philosophical, I couldn't think of just the right words.  He seems to have this life thing pretty much down.  Here's Mitch's card:

Inside? Some cash, and "Well done - congratulations!" Enough said. 

[Except to say that I wish I still had my Camry - when I sold her on Craig's List she had 220,000 miles and I had six offers in 10 minutes!] I'm also entering his card to the CAS(E)this Sketch challenge #78.

3 comments:

Anita in France said...

What a fun card, Michele ... such clever banner strips! Congratulations to your nephew ... seems he has a wise head on his young shoulders! Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulous take on the sketch! I love it!

Taunya Butler said...

Cool card!! Sometimes the cash in the card is the only thing the receiver wants - right?!?! Very good take on the cas sketch!! Come on over to my blog - I am hosting a giveaway for my 50th post!! Taunya Butler at daisiesgirl.com